Friday, November 18, 2011

One Week

I'm not a sit-down-and-eat-till-I-pop kind of person.  I graze.  This holds true even on major eating holidays like Thanksgiving.  I'll eat all day long, little plates here and there, happily munching and getting distracted and munching again.

Until it's time for dessert.  That's when my pupils dilate and my grip on my fork tightens, and suddenly I'm all business.  

We always have a pretty magnificent smorgasbord of pies at my family's Thanksgiving.  There are a lot of us, and every branch contributes.  (And you'd better believe we all make everything from scratch.  I was raised right by these people.)  I consider it a personal failing if I don't at least get a few bites of every kind.  Even when two people each bring an apple pie - well, you've got to try both!  Every pie is special!

It's great when new family members bring in new foods and shake things up a bit.  My cousin's wife brought pumpkin whoopie pies last year.  As much as I adore regular pie, those whoopie pies were the perfect twist on convention.  It's always good to keep an open mind when you're planning your holiday menus - tradition is a beautiful thing, but why not make new traditions too?

So, on that note.

Have you been a good little Thanksgiving elf?  Have you got all your desserts sorted out and accounted for?

If you don't - all is not lost.

I am able to take a few more orders!  Check out your options here: http://onemoreslicebakery.blogspot.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-countdown-only-3-weeks.html

And may I suggest, for those of you braving the Midnight Madness shopping, that you bring some Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies with you on your bargain-hunting journey.  Highly portable, incredibly delicious, they'll help keep a smile on your face as you deal with the soul-crushing chaos that is Black Friday.  (They're also just as good eaten in your pajamas, with a mug of tea, sitting in front of your computer as your browse Etsy.  Which is way more my speed.)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment